One Thousand Scents

Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Death in the House

Bad news, but not unexpected, at Perfume Shrine: the house of Serge Lutens will be discontinuing four of its scents.

The decedents are Douce Amere, my beloved Miel de Bois, my even more beloved Chypre Rouge, and Clair de Musc, which I have never even tried.

I bought a bottle of Chypre Rouge just last November, and then in December tried to buy a bottle of Un Bois Vanille but somehow ended up with Miel de Bois instead. (The vendor was out of UBV, and I had to have something.) I had planned to finally order that UBV today, but with this news, I'm thinking I ought to hold off and get Douce Amere instead, because it's not going to be around forever.

I mean, nothing is. But now there's a timer, and it's ticking fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home