One Thousand Scents

Friday, May 07, 2010

Scentroulette Day 23: Calvin Klein Obsession Night

This is less a random grab than "Well, I did one of them yesterday, I might as well do the other one today."

Obsession Night has these things in common with its male counterpart:

1) It has nothing to do with the original Obsession of two decades earlier;
2) It doesn't feel remotely like a nighttime scent;
3) It resembles a great many scents already on the market;
4) It reads as masculine.

I don't know what they were thinking. After the usual blast of citrus, an extremely diffuse, jasmine-y white floral shows up, rapidly drowned out by a sweet, slightly hard-edged woody oriental base. If they had put this in the Obsession Night for Men bottle in the first place, you wouldn't bat an eye.

1 Comments:

  • Hi - I have really been enjoying your scentroulettes. Although I also enjoy your in-depth reviews, I find these quick once-overs to be just enough (since I probably won't buy a lot of these anyways, but enjoy reading about them!)

    By Blogger Isabelle, at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home