One Thousand Scents

Friday, December 02, 2011

F: A by BLOOD Concept


I have tried, I have really tried to be fair to these four scents, but they are ridiculous. The packaging is excellent, but that's where all the money for the project seems to have gone. I don't understand what the thinking was behind them; there's no cohesion to them as a collection (not even the vaunted metallic-because-blood-has-metal-in-it concept) and as individual fragrances they don't make any sense.

A opens with a lot of that tomato-leaf note that started showing up all over the place in the late nineties: I didn't like it then, and I don't like it any better now, because I love gourmand fragrances but anything that smells like it ought to be in a bowl of salsa is not something I want on my skin. It is very tomatoey, and there is basil in there, too, I guess because you put basil in tomato sauce. Married to this juicy greenness is a licorice-jawbreaker candy-store scent and a bathroom-cleaner-and-toothpaste abrasiveness, and seriously, what? What were they thinking? What is this slumgullion supposed to mean? Do they really expect people to buy and wear this?

2 Comments:

  • I received a little promo packet of scented cards for these perfumes. It seems that a lot of thought went into the concept (meh) and the design but the scents were forgettable. I don't trust what I'm smelling from cards or scent strips anyway. High concept, low interest.

    By Blogger queen_cupcake, at 9:15 AM  

  • Perhaps a lot of thought went into the concept, but it is still a really stupid concept. Yeccccch.

    By Blogger StyleSpy, at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home